Nicky Farms: Raised by Ranchers. Coveted by Chefs.
Pre Wild About Game Feast Saturday Sept. 6
Make A Weekend of It!
Make a weekend of it and join us for a pre-event Wild About Game Dinner at Timberline Lodge on September 6, 2014. The multi-course menu features dishes from Timberline’s Executive Chef Jason Stoller Smith and last year’s Wild About Game winner, Chef Aaron Barnett of St. Jack. The Wild About Game Dinner is $95 per person and includes wine and gratuity. Stay the night in a Queen hotel room and get two tickets to the dinner for $419. Call (800) 547-1406 for reservations.
Expanded Seattle Deliver Days
Good News for Our Seattle Customers
We are proud to announce that as of July 22, 2013 we have opened a warehouse in the Seattle Metropolitan area. Furthermore, we are thrilled to expand our delivery service to four days per week, depending on your location. We will continue to deliver to the Metro area (for example Lynnwood, Bellevue and Woodinville) on Tuesday and Friday. For customers in Seattle proper, Tacoma and Olympia we can offer deliveries Tuesday through Friday.
NEW ROUTE INFORMATION
• Deliveries are made Tuesdays through Fridays. Orders must be in on the previous day. For deliveries on Tuesdays and Fridays, the cut off is still 4pm. However, for the first month or so, cut-off for Wednesday and Thursday deliveries is 3:30 pm.
• $150 minimum for deliveries; please work to consolidate your smaller orders into one order that meets this minimum. If something needs to be backordered, the minimum is waived.
• If an order is below $150, you can will call it at our new Seattle warehouse. However the order still needs to be placed before 4pm the day before to ensure the product is on the truck. Will call picks ups need to be coordinated within an hour timeline.
• If you would prefer a phone call or an order reminder from your sales rep on a different day than normal, please contact them and let them know!
Warehouse location: 420 South Hinds St, Seattle, WA 98134
Seattle contacts (please call to schedule a will call pick up)
Ben Childs 503-953-2581
Devin Williams 503-310-8455
Thank you for your continued support of Nicky USA. We are looking forward to being able to supply you with 4-day-a-week deliveries.
MEAT, GREET, AND SKEET
The Grand Opening of Nicky Farm
On June 30th we introduced the Nicky farm to our customers and friends. As part of the celebration, chefs shot shotguns, archery, and muskets in a demonstration from Oregon Fish and Wildlife; and enjoyed a barbecue, lawn games, sunning by the river, and a bonfire.
At the farm opening chefs were intorduced to shotguns, muskets and bows and arrows. This portion of the event was born out of the mutual goals of Nicky USA and the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife to get chefs closer to their food source and help bridge the urban (chef)/rural (farmer/hunter) divide. Nicky USA has a 24 year history of connecting chefs with local farms, and has been a long supporter of game hunting in the Northwest. For many hunters, accustomed to the flavors of Venison, Elk, Pheasant etc. Nicky USA has been a place to source game meat outside of the hunt.
While many chefs have been connected to the provenance of their heirloom tomatoes and summer berries; our farm, it is our intent to connect chefs more deeply with the source of their protein. Our farm opening also an opportunity for Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife to reintroduce the outdoors to a new demographic of foodies who would like to learn to hunt and fish. We hope this is just the first of many adventures on the farm for our customers and friends.
Bizarre Foods at Nicky USA
Andrew Zimmern and Bizarre Foods Visits PDX
We were honored to be featured in the Portland Episode of Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre foods. Zimmern followed a locally raised Nicky Farms Roosevelt Elk from our butcher shop to the kitchen at Lincoln. You can catch reruns on the Travel Channel, or check out stills from the episode, and Zimmern's top 5 moments on their website.
All You Need to Know About Our Sausage
Nicky Farms Gourmet Sausage
- All of our Sausages are blended in-house, with recipes designed by our master butcher Jace Hentges.
- We fill our sausages using a Vemag 500 Reiser Sausage stuffer (from Germany)
- Our Venison, Rabbit, Cranberry Bacon Sausage is our “Holiday” sausage, and it was our first sausage
- Our sausages are made with Northwest Ingredients when possible
- All of our sausages are sold in one pound- four link packs
- Our most popular sausage is our Russian Wild Boar Sausage
- We also make custom sausages!
For a complete list of Nicky Farms Sausage visit our prodcuts page here.
To learn more about custom sausages call us today (503) 234-4263.
We are hosting a sausage fest for chefs and media at our gourmet garage on January 22 from 3:30-5:30pm. Contact Beth Gilden firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.