Nicky Farms: Raised by Ranchers. Coveted by Chefs.
Bizarre Foods at Nicky USA
Andrew Zimmern and Bizarre Foods Visits PDX
We were honored to be featured in the Portland Episode of Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre foods. Zimmern followed a locally raised Nicky Farms Roosevelt Elk from our butcher shop to the kitchen at Lincoln. You can catch reruns on the Travel Channel, or check out stills from the episode, and Zimmern's top 5 moments on their website.
All You Need to Know About Our Sausage
Nicky Farms Gourmet Sausage
- All of our Sausages are blended in-house, with recipes designed by our master butcher Jace Hentges.
- We fill our sausages using a Vemag 500 Reiser Sausage stuffer (from Germany)
- Our Venison, Rabbit, Cranberry Bacon Sausage is our “Holiday” sausage, and it was our first sausage
- Our sausages are made with Northwest Ingredients when possible
- All of our sausages are sold in one pound- four link packs
- Our most popular sausage is our Russian Wild Boar Sausage
- We also make custom sausages!
For a complete list of Nicky Farms Sausage visit our prodcuts page here.
To learn more about custom sausages call us today (503) 234-4263.
We are hosting a sausage fest for chefs and media at our gourmet garage on January 22 from 3:30-5:30pm. Contact Beth Gilden firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Congratulations Altura's Nathan Lockwood!
Winner of Wild About Game
Nathan Lockwood from Seattle's Altura took home the prize this Sunday, September 9th, at Timberline Lodge. The 12th Annual Wild About Game cooking competition pitted Portland versus Seattle. In each round, the competing chefs prepared a different protein from Nicky USA. Lockwood was chosen as the overall Winner for his: Cavatelli Cacciatore and Roosevelt Elk Crudo. Lockwood used the elk heart and liver in the ragu for his pasta, and topped his Elk Crudo with a pickled quail egg (We will be posting his recipe in the recipe section on our website and on facebook).
Photo credit: John Valls
Nicky Heads North
New Seattle Office
The demand for Nicky's top quality meat has been growing up North. In response, Nicky USA is opening a Seattle office. The Seattle outpost will be run by Nicky USA veteran Ben Childs. We hope Ben's presence in Seattle will allow us to continue and improve our service to Seattle restaurants and retailers. Contact us with any questions about our Seattle expansion.